When: Saturday, May 11th at 10am (until 12pm)
Where: Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf inside the Little Tokyo Galleria
333 S Alameda St. (Suite 108)
Los Angeles, CA 90013
NOTE: Parking Garage entrance is on Alameda between 3rd and 4th
What about: Massimo Pigliucci’s How to Be Stoic…
- Ch. 9 : The Role of Role Models (pp. 123-37)
- Ch. 10 : Disability and Mental Illness (pp. 139-54)
- Ch. 11 : On Death and Suicide (pp. 157-70)
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU REALLY NEED A PDF OF THE READING
This amounts to Ch. 9 and 10 (covering the ‘Discipline of Action’ and Stoic Ethics) plus the first chapter of “Part III,” which introduces the “Discipline of Assent” (a.k.a. Stoic Mindfulness) and the study of Stoic Logic.
In terms of preparing, please …
- select a passage or two to share and discuss;
- think of questions to propose (or answer) or await a list of questions that I tend to provide in a post on this website before our meeting; and
- contact me if you would like to ensure we cover something that you find particularly meaningful.
See you then!
— Justin K.