Stoicon-X Los Angeles is a mini-conference held in Los Angeles in the spirit of (and in collaboration with) Modern Stoicism’s larger Stoicon event. Both conferences are held in order to discuss Stoic philosophy and its application to everyday challenges of modern living.
Stoicon-X Los Angeles 2021
- When: Saturday, November 13 10:00am-2:00pm
- Where: ONLINE via Zoom (Register Here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZclduqoqz8iGt0FRTrhjP6WPhAWlBZhBZcP )
10:00-10:10am: Welcome/Introductory Remarks (Justin Kitchen)
10:10am-1:00pm: Member Speakers (each member will talk for 10-20 min. followed by a 10 min. Q&A / discussion)
– “The Notion of Freedom in Stoic Philosophy” by Justin Kitchen
– “Cognitive Reframing (The goal is excellence of character)” by Jimmy Thrasher
– “Stoic Prayer: A spiritual practice” by Luis Monzo
– “Thriving in an Outcome-Driven World” by David Lipschutz
– “The Intersection of Fate and Cosmopolitanism” by Megan Walls
– “Circles of Concern” by Santara Gonzales
1:00-1:30pm: Guest Speaker
“Stoicism and Artificial Intelligence” by Kai Whiting [co-author of Being Better (2021)]
1:30-2:00pm: Concluding remarks, goodbyes, and social time
UPDATE! Stoicon-X Los Angeles 2021 was a success!
Videos of some of the talks will be provided on this page.
Stoicon-X 2020 Talks
The following videos are recordings from the Stoicon-X Los Angeles 2020 event. All speakers except our guest-speaker (Greg Lopez) are members of the local Los Angeles Stoics group.
[ Due to public health concerns over the global pandemic, this event took place as a virtual online conference through Zoom. ]